Friday, April 14, 2006

We're...almost...done...!!!

Did you ever notice that when you've been pushing through something and you see the end is about to come, you often lose the grace to keep going? That's how I feel lately about Deyan's schooling. It's been 3 long years, and this last term has been especially tough it seems. It could be because I now have 2 children on my own most of the time. Or it could be that Deyan's assignments have been more gruelling than ever or under a tighter time restriction. Regardless, this week has just done me in it seems. It doesn't help that the kids and I were sick and that Esther hasn't slept well in over a week (I hope it's just a teething issue) so I'm exhausted. My schedule has also really picked up for some reason so I've been very busy. My housework falls behind which stresses me out more as we live in chaos and don't get to eat nice meals (no clean dishes, no time to cook, etc.). There are also so many things I would like to or feel the need to do right now and yet I'm so tired of trying to arrange babysitting all the time or alternatively taking my kids here there and everywhere and messing up their nap and bedtime routines. I'm just done! So, if I feel this way, I can only imagine how Deyan must feel! He has missed many nights of sleep, putting in long hours to finish well. Below is a picture of his final model that he built for his studio project. Pretty awesome, eh? Yes, so the celebration begins next week. Wednesday he hands in his final assignment and Friday is the fancy graduation dinner/dance. It will be fun to get dressed up and go out and relax together. So please pray that we can hang in there for a few more days! The countdown has begun...

7 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

ooooo...the trees! I like the trees!!!

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Roo said...

woooohooo
you are so close.....you can do it!!
just eat lots of chocolate if you have to....it might help with the final stretch. ;) haha.
love you mama dee...

 
At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS BROTHER!
I am so excited you are almost done!!! So.... when you are officially done how about moving that family of yours back here???
haha good joke huh?
Well hae fun at the graduation!
Love ya
Emma

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dee,

Deyan's project is amazing. Congratulations Deyan, it must be nice to be almost done! Nice for you too, Dee.

Paula

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

very cool deyan! I am thrilled that you are almost done... it has been a long, yet quick three years... you got a degree and 2 kids

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Adam O said...

Congratulations Deyan! Have a wonderful graduation.
Dee... I don't have babies so I don't know what it is like. But, I will pray for you my friend. Be blessed!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Erica said...

It is beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home