Sunday, February 26, 2006

Turin 2006 is finished!

Yes, the Winter Olympics are over. What will I do with my days now? No more snow and ice sports to watch. No more Canadians to cheer for. No more anthems to sing. Well, it sure has been a fun 2 weeks, but such good things must come to an end. I'm sure my family will appreciate a bit more attention! I have to admit that I do really love the Olympics. Especially the winter ones. I love the spirit of the games and I am very patriotic. I love hearing the stories of triumph from the athletes. Most of them have to overcome such great adversity to get to where they are. It makes me want to strive to be the best at everything I put my hand to. If they can be the best in the world at their sport, what can I do? I may not be able to skate at 120km/hr, but I can make a mean Thai dinner! :)

So, I now have all kinds of time on my hands yet again! It feels weird to not have the TV on tonight. I may go through some withdrawl! It will be good for me, though, since I generally don't watch much TV. I knew it was getting bad because Simeon was reciting all the commercials by heart! "Rayomax windows and doors" "Torino 2006 the Olympic Winter Games on CBC" "There's no better friend than the one I've got... (MTS)" "No one sells real estate like Remax" and the list goes on! It was cute, but kind of scary at the same time. Amazing how well advertising works! Maybe Birth Roots should do a TV ad! We could get a nice pregnant model to act out a labour/birth scene, her losing her mind, her partner passing out, her mother yelling at the nurses, and enter the doula - the superhero! Well, it could be funny and would probably generate some business! Ok, my thoughts are just rambling like crazy now. Time to end this post! :)

I will attach some more Christmas photos, this time with some of the family! I will begin with my siblings. Hmmm...this could take some explaining for some of you! To make it as brief as possible, let's just say that I am an only child of my 2 parents, but I have 2 brothers and 6 sisters! From my Mom's side are Tyler (23), Jordan (21), Courtney (17), Madalyn (14), and Emma (11). From my Dad's side are Emily (20), Katie (16), and Marli (14). I feel so blessed to have such a rich family! Here they are!

Emma dressed up for her school play as an Oompa-Loompa

Tyler and Madalyn Christmas morning

Katie and Courtney (they are not sisters to each other, but great friends and only 7 months apart in age!)

Marli and her Grandma (Marli and Madalyn were born within 3 days of each other and are the best of friends!)

Emily and Jordan (they are not siblings to each other either, and only 3 months apart in age) But blood or no blood, they sure do act like brother and sister!

9 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Neat family dynamics!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

olympics...so THAT'S where you've been! haha, i was just going to come on here and tell you to get your butt updating! haa...what a family hey? i miss you guys...in fact, i've been sooooo tempted to just move out to winnipeg and find a job, it would be lovely. have a great day, dee. :)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

courtney - COME! There is so much happening here, jobs are abundant, and you would totally fit into Sanctuary House of Prayer. Miss you too... I need all of you to move out here!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

ahh i miss you...thanks for your comment on my journal, i love you!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Weren't the closing ceremonies amazing?

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Families are the best!!!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Cindy said...

Okay... I have to say that Tyler's resemblance to Simeon is STUNNING!!

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha I 100% agree with the Birthroots advertisement.... haha it would work on me!!....

yah so.... I pretty much miss ya like heck!!!

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the Birth thing because I think it would work GREAT!! I can not believe that you have that pic of me on there but, it's nice I guess and cute of Sim. I was getting annoyed during the Olympics cause it must mean that you and Maddie have the same blood because she was screaming her head off!!!
Love ya
Emma

P.S. Don't you think I should come and not Court?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home