Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sick...Yuk!

Well, I was finally able to get Simeon and I to a Dr. last night. Poor little guy! He's been trying so hard to be happy but it's been a difficult 5 days! Well, no wonder. It turns out he has strep throat and 2 ear infections! His tonsils are really swollen which is making him cough and gag all the time too. His fever is pretty low-grade, but it is still there. Since Thursday morning all the has eaten is a few bites of yogurt, a couple of chocolates, and 1/2 muffin. He is nursing more though, which has been interesting! I didn't mind tandem nursing when he only did it first thing in the morning and at nap time. But now that it's more often, between him and Esther I feel like I constantly have someone attached! Oh well, I'm glad it's bringing him some comfort. He is also cutting his 2 year molars, which can't be fun!!!

So it turns out that I also have an ear infection. I've never had one before and it sure has been painful! Sim and I are both on antibiotics so pray we don't get any yeast/thrush infections! Esther also has a touch of strep and ear infections, but I'm not going to put her on antibiotics unless I need to. She seems to be her happy self, and I know she's getting lots of antibodies in my milk. She seems to have her days and nights mixed up which really sucks. She still sleeps a 6-8 hour stretch every night, but she stays awake until 3 or 4am before she does it! I think if she does it again tonight, then I'm going to keep her awake all day tomorrow! I know...good luck with that! ;) Oh yeah, we had her weighed last night at the Dr.'s. So, at 5 weeks old she is 12lbs already!!!

Today is Simeon's 2nd birthday! He doesn't know, though, and doesn't seem to care (being sick and all). Deyan flies in tonight (YAY!!!) so we are going to have his party and celebration tomorrow anyways. Hopefully he'll be feeling better by then.

Pray for safe travels for Dey!

9 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats so horrible about Simeon but I am so excited to see Deyan. I am also hoping I don't have strep-throat because I have been sick today and was home from school with a headache and sore throat and I have a drama play next Monday and Tuesday. Hope you and Dey can make it to the play.
Emma

 
At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the cutest little boy!!!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Well, Esther is sleeping better again, but she is now stuffed up too so I think I'm going to risk the antibiotics and just get us all better! Deyan arrived safe and sound. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! Birthday party tonight!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just be sure to load up on pro-biotics for you & Sim. E will get them through your milk, but you can open up a capsule and paint it in her mouth if you're really worried. I prob wouldn't do that unless she had signs of thrush, tho. You can do prophylactic vinegar in your bath, too. THe pro-biotics should keep the yeasties at bay, but I have about 100 other more hard-core remedies so let me know if you want any of them.
J

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

yuck is right! Be healed in the name of Jesus! I am praying for all of you! Happy Birthday to the little boy that I love and miss like crazy... I love all the pics of the women in your family and Esther... but I am mising pics of the ittle boy! Please give hugs to him from me, and Esther needs a few from me too! Also say hi to your family...love you all!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

We're all on the mend...thankfully. Simeon actually slept 12 hours straight last night without a peep! That's a first in a long time. Esther also slept well, once she fell asleep around 2am. She is still really sniffly but content. My ear is better, but I still get stabbing pains quite often!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Joyska said...

Deanna... where are you? I need PICTURES!!!!!!

Call me! I miss you... I'll call ya right back... if you can pull away from the mob of family and friends that is!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Wow Dee sounds like your hands are full. I hope Dey made it out o.k. How are things mending at present?

Loved the pictures of the 5 generations, your great granny looks fabulous for 90.

Enjoy the christmas season. Hope the birthday party went well. Wow it goes by fast doesn't it?

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Joni said...

When Charity told me the kids were sick I thot it was because of the mold in the house. I hope you are all back to normal and feeling great really soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home