Saturday, December 10, 2005

Quick update

Well, it has been a busy few days visiting friends! I stayed at my Dad's house all week. Simeon has lots of fun with Grandpa, especially lighting the fire in their woodstove. He used to like their cat too, but they are on bad terms at the moment! :) He has definitely warmed up to Grandma and auntie Marli and Emily as well. Auntie Katie just came home on the weekend so we haven't gotten to spend any time with her yet, but I know Sim will have no problems connecting with her. My sister Emily cut my hair for me. Shhhh! Don't tell Deyan - it's a surprise! :) I really like it.

I went to Fredericton to visit my really good friends Matt and Chrissie and their kids. It is amazing how we can go an entire year without any communication (even though we are super close - Chrissie and their oldest daughter Molly were in my wedding) and then see each other and pick up exactly as if we had never been separated! Relationships like that don't come a dime a dozen, that's for sure. I had a wonderful time hanging out with them as a family and then being there for their housechurch Christmas party. We had a fun Yankee swap that included prophetic words for each other. So cool. I even got to see some other old friends who were there as well. The only bummer of our time there was that Simeon came down with a fever and wasn't himself (hoping it's not the pox!!!). He is still not well, but seems to be much better during the day. He coughs alot at night and his fever gets pretty high then too. Esther hasn't been sleeping that great at night either so I am getting very tired! Trying to catch up during the day, though.

Yesterday we came back to Saint John and went to lunch at our friend Linda's house. She is a gourmet cook and always makes us unbelievably delicious food. The coffee and homemade Bailey's was great too! :)
Today we are going to visit my grandparents. My great-grandmother is down from the Mirimachi visiting for the weekend. I will hopefully take some pictures of all of us with her. 5 generations doesn't happen very often!

That's about all for now. Did I mention that my 4 week old daughter is now rolling over? How crazy is that!!! She honestly looks and acts about 3 months old already. I know I keep saying this, but she really is growing up very fast!!! And she sure is cute! :) She has won everyone's heart over, that's for sure. She is super cuddly. If only she wasn't such a night owl! She is a very content baby and hardly ever fusses or cries. But lately she wants to be awake until 2, 3 or even 4am!!! Not good for my nerves and emotions, that's for sure! Pray that I am a patient mother in those times!

Love to all of you! :)

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dee
Hope you had some fun with the White's and I hope it is nothing serious for Simeon.
Love you
Emma
P.S. Hope Esther's sleeping habits change a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home