Monday, November 28, 2005

One week later...

Well, not much to report! We are enjoying our time here. So far it has been pretty laid back. Everyone is either at work or school during the weekdays so the kids and I just hang out at home. But it's really nice not to have any of the usual household responsibilites. I don't mind pitching in with cooking, laundry, etc., but it's different than having to do it all!

The Christmas season has begun. My brother Tyler is Mr. Christmas himself and he has already gotten some of the decorations put out around the house and some of the lights up. Saturday he took the kids and I downtown to hear some of the music at the 69th Empty Stocking Fund production. It's always neat to listen to the children's choirs. Simeon and Esther both got in the spotlight and had close-ups on TV! I guess they were just too cute! That night we went to the Santa Claus parade. Sim loved that! Then back to my dad's house for hot chocolate and goodies. Church was great on Sunday and we had a delicious potluck afterwards. What a smorgasboard of food! So, that's all we've been up to. Haven't done much visiting, other than at church and my grandparents have come over to see us. But knowing how things are here, I'm sure my schedule will get busy soon enough! :)

4 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger Rochelle, John and Amelia said...

Ahhh Christmas in the snow... wonder what that is like... It is very, very warm today. Amelia and I attempted to clean the car... never give a two yr old the hose... Would love to see a recent photo of young Tyler since the last time I saw him was in March of 99 I think...doesn't time fly. Do you still see your friend Chuck, Dee?? I often wonder what he is up too. Have a wonderful time relaxing and enjoying your family. Love us.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

please tell mr tyler that I LOVE his style. I have watched White Christmas twice already! My tree is up and the lights and nativity sets have been up for over a week! "it's the most wonderful time of the year!" (just read my blog to see how I feel about those who are bah humbug-gers!) Love you and the kids, and I am glad that all is going well and relaxed. I have the picture of me and Simba and Esther on my desktop and get LOTS of fun comments!

Miss ya lots!

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dee -

Sounds like you're having a good time with the family. Enjoy it!

Paula

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dee!
I am so glad that you guys are here! I am having so much fun with Sim and Essie and you.
Love you alot!
Emma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home