Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Exhaustion and Turbulence

We're here! Esther and I arrived in warm, windy, wet Saint John this afternoon. Esther was an excellent traveller, and basically slept the entire time, waking up briefly to eat 2x. She didn't seem to have any problems with her ears. She even slept through the worst turbulence I've ever experienced! The last half of the flight between Montreal and SJ was AWFUL! I was sitting next to someone who had a cat with her. The poor cat was not enjoying the flight and eventually pooped in his little carry bag. It was a horrible smell. Then the guy across the aisle from us was puking because of the ups and downs. I was trying to nurse but it was very difficult to keep Essie latched on when I was barely able to hold on to the seat myself! Crazy! Anyways, glad to be here. Simeon wasn't as excited to see me as I'd thought, but I could tell he was definitely relieved that I was here! He was happy to see his "baby" again too. Will write more once I've had some sleep. Did I mention that I have only had a few hours in the last couple of days? Good night! :)

8 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Glad to hear that you arrived safely! Sounds like a yucky last part of your plane ride! How long are you gone for?

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Joni said...

Glad to hear you are safe. That is quite the flight.. yuck! Did she go dump the poo? I sure hope so!

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Turbulence can be scary stuff!
I'm glad you made it there safe and sound!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Ya, it was rough, but we're here...until Dec 31st!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Dee good to hear you are among family and lots of it!! I've been meaning to call and hear the details of your little one's arrival. By the way congrats again I am so happy for you and your little family. how long are you gone?

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're all safe and sound. Have fun!!
J

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

enjoy and say hello to all of those I love there! Miss you guys. Give those kids a hug from Joyska!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Mercy said...

glad to hear you made it through the exciting trip. i've never seen anyone use the barf bags before - it must have been bad.
that's so cute that you call her essie! i can hear pa grape as mordecai now....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home