Thursday, October 20, 2005

Blessings

Today was a nice day. Two of my dear friends, Jocelyn and Ang, came over with their boys to bless me before the birth. They showed up with flowers and a vase, Starbucks drinks and treats, gave me a footbath/massage and a hand massage, and then prayed over me, the baby, the upcoming birth, and our family. It was very sweet. It was funny, too, because we seemed to have a red and black theme going (flowers and vase, what I was wearing, Joc was wearing, Ang was wearing and the birth ball). Guess you had to be there.

It's also so much fun to watch our guys interacting with each other. Jocelyn's oldest son, Isaiah, is the oldest of all of them at 2 3/4. Then there is her 2nd son, Luke, 10 months younger, who happens to be 1 day older than Simeon (22 months). Ang's son, Isaac, is the youngest by 4 1/2 months. They are all starting to talk and watching them play together is neat. A bit crazy at times, but still lots of fun!

Anyways, I was tired and hoping to catch a nap with Simeon, but I think my caramel macchiato had me too wired to sleep. Oh well, Sim ended up having a very short nap so it wouldn't have mattered.

I saw my midwife this afternoon. I told her about all the "prelabour" stuff I had last weekend, but that I also knew it could still be awhile. Baby sounds good and all my vitals are good. I don't even have any swelling, which is kind of nice! She seemed to think the baby had dropped by the new shape of my belly. I also thought this, especially with the increase in pressure I was feeling. Right now (today) the baby is facing my tummy, which is not good since I really don't want to experience "back labour". So, although he/she is still moving lots, I will make more of a conscious effort to spend time on my hands and knees to encourage a better position. Oh, and apparently I'm shrinking! Last week, my uterus was measuring 35cm (at 36+ weeks) and this week it only measured 30cm! This usually happens as the baby shifts position and moves down, but it can also mean low fluid levels. But I'm drinking lots, so hopefully this is not the case. And hopefully all of this points to a smaller baby this time! (Simeon weighed 9lbs 2oz!)

Speaking of Sim, have I mentioned that he is convinced the baby is a girl? He tells me everyday that it's a girl baby and her name is Esther. So...I know he's into Veggie Tales and all, and it could be that's where he picked up the name, but it's odd that he's stuck with it for so long and not chosen another name or sex. He is known to be rather prophetic! And Esther's not a bad name, really. Oh well, we'll see soon enough! It would help if we felt strongly about a name for either sex, since we're still so undecided!

Julia, I will hopefully post a few pregnancy pics in the next few days!

7 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Joni said...

Too funny Dee, nope Esther is not too bad of a name at all. :)

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4 boys under 3 years old???? YIKES!!!!! Just kidding, it sounds like lots of fun. I wish I was there, but I'm sending you a virtual foot massage right now: <<<<********>>>>>
Hmmn, not quite as nice, is it?
All my blessings from the west coast,
Julia

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Rebecca thought it was a girl too!

We will see...

Soon?

I hope!

You hope?!?!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

Hi, it was really nice getting to know you for a few moments the other day at Breathe. Sounds like you had a wonderful papered time! Blessings on you in these last few weeks. Who are your midwives this time... I know you had Beckie last time (me too). Anyway, nice to get to know you better.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Thanks for the massage, Julia!

Ruth, I have Cara as my primary midwife (she was my second last time). She's great, but I am definitely missing Beckie, as a friend!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

Cara's great she was my second at both my births (well she wasn't at my second birth but she did prenatal care...) Maybe you could video conference over the computer to Manila! Only half kidding... my husband did a video conference with our family in Ontario shortly after Audrey was born!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Haha about the video conference, except that I would have some other really jealous people, like my family in NB, Deyan's family in BG, my best friend in Ohio, etc.!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home