Friday, October 07, 2005

Neeeeed....sleeeeep.....

Rough night last night. I'm having a hard enough time sleeping at night due to pregnancy discomfort. Then add Simeon into the mix and I don't even know why I bother. Normally, he sleeps through the night until ~ 6-7am when he joins us in bed, nurses, and goes back to sleep until ~ 8-8:30. Occasionally he will wake up at some point through the night, but I tell him it's still night time and that he needs to lie back down and go to sleep. He may protest for a minute or two, but generally he is cooperative.

After yesterday, I'm beginning to think someone is slipping him some chocolate covered espresso beans or something. He refused to nap, which is highly unusual and really didn't even seem tired until 6 that evening. So he did go to bed a bit earlier (~7pm) than his usual 8pm, but I figured he was making up for the lack of nap. Then at 2am he woke up and for reasons unbeknownst to me, I pulled him into bed with us. I don't think I was fully conscious since I had finally just fallen to sleep myself around 1am. So he nursed, and then began to talk and sing as if it were morning. I was surprised, but figured this would only last for a few minutes before he fell back asleep. The last time I noticed the clock it was 4:45 and he was still awake! He especially wanted to cuddle, which I love to do, but again, it's not helpful when I'm trying to sleep and I have him snuggling up to me (which usually involves head banging and feet kicking my stomach) and the baby doing somersaults inside. I kept pushing Simeon over to Deyan's side of the bed, which would work for a little while. Anyways, I think he eventually fell back asleep ~ 5. This is when I was trying desperately to get all the Veggie Tales songs out of my head! Did I mention how much he LOVES those veggies? Well, he shows no signs of fatigue today. I, on the other hand, am dragging my feet even more than usual and my mothering patience is very thin at the moment! I need some grace!!!

5 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Maybe the veggies could be of some help to you.

If you can put on a veggie tape and grab a catnap, I say, more power to ya!!!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger lafammedesfemmes said...

I hope you get a good sleep tonight.
J

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Oh yes, Veggies are wonderful, but the question is, do I save that video for my nap, my business phone calls, or my supper prep! Don't get me wrong, Simeon is generally a good self-entertainer, but he always seems to NEED me at those times!

Erica, he still talks to "Jonah" and "Duke" on the phone every day!

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Dee, its time for some more Simeon pics for those of us out here in the hinterland (ie, anywhere but Winnipeg). And I'd love to see some pics of you too, this close to having Baby #2!
Not that you need anything more to add to your "To Do" list, that is.
Julia

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Okay, okay. I will post again soon with some new pics. The main problem is that Dey always has the camera at school! And as for prego pics, I haven't taken any! Maybe I'll get Tara to take some for me this week. This poor child sure isn't going to have the same memorabilia as his/her big brother does. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home