Saturday, September 24, 2005

Pregnancy Musings


This pregnancy has been challenging. I remember having a tough time with Simeon too, but this one seems much more painful right now. Sleeping is becoming increasingly difficult with a combination of leg cramps and restless leg syndrome, heartburn, and the most intense - pelvic pain. I'm also very short of breath and sometimes during the day I can't stand or I start feeling like I'm going to pass out. My iron is a bit low so hopefully as I take stuff to improve it I will feel a bit better. I only have 5 or 6 weeks to go and I am really looking forward to having a newborn again! I actually love that stage. Maybe it's because I'm so happy not to be pregnant any more! I'm looking forward to this little one's birth too. I know, it sounds crazy, but Simeon's birth was a very positive experience for me. Yes, it hurt and it was exhausting, but I remember feeling so loved and cared for and the excitement of meeting my firstborn son was overwhelming! I hope everything goes just as smoothly this time (ideally it will be a bit quicker too!). We used a blown-up fishy pool last time but this time Birth Roots is going to have a real deal heated birth tub. It's a bit deeper which will be nice. But what will my doulas do without having to boil water all day! :) I will also miss Beckie's presence (my midwife who is in the Philippines right now). Anyways, pray that things get a bit easier over the next few weeks. Deyan is getting really busy with school again and with house maintenance, meals, Simeon, and teaching classes, it's hard to function when I'm this uncomfortable! My brother Jordan is here visiting and he has been a great help. We will definitely miss him when he goes! :(

7 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

ok...

that picture freaked me out! I thought you'd had the baby last night!

You look sooo cute preggers...

 
At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so that's who the infamous Jordan is. I've been following all the references to 'Jordan' in the comments etc, and was wondering if it was code of some sort, lol!!
Sorry to hear this pregnancy has been such a long haul. I so wish I was there to help you out a bit!! Are you taking Hemoplex? Its "all the rage" out here, but really seems to help with the iron and has B vits in there too, which round it out.
Julia

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Yvonne,

Cute? Really? I feel like a big beached whale! :)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Hi Dee, I was a little shocked until I read your blog. 6 weeks to go, you are so close!! I'm so sorry to hear your feeling so crummy. That is the worst having stuff you need to do and no way to do it, besides change your standards, like o.k. simeon can just have crackers for breakfast and lunch as he watches tv all day. I'mso just kidding. rhonda

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just re-read your birth story on the brts website and it brought the whole thing back for me. Deanna, you were so amazing, powerful, strong and brave in your labour with Simeon. And with two years of parenting under your belt this time, you are going to be even more amazing (hard to believe that's even possible).
In awe,
Julia

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too thot that pic was the new baby!!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Thanks for that encouragement, Julia. I also recently re-read Simeon's birth story and got excited about this birth. I know it will be great. If I can just hang out until then!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home