Saturday, August 13, 2005

Black Sea, Here We Come!

Well, we're back in Plovdiv for the night because tomorrow we are leaving for the seashore! Yay! We will be staying in this cool little place, Neseber, in a house/apartment (kind of like a bed and breakfast without the breakfast) which has 2 rooms and a bathroom, and possibly a kitchen. Dey, Sim and I will stay in one room, and Ionka, Mitch and Vuicho (Dey's uncle) will stay in the other. It is only $12/bed and is only a 5 minute walk to the beach. We can also walk all around Old Neseber which has cool markets and ruins and great sights. It should be a great week!

To catch you up on the last few days...

On Thursday we drove to Sofia with Vuicho to pick up Mitch at the airport. There we met up with Deyan's Dad, grandmother (Baba Ana) and younger brother (Delian - 12 years old). We left with them and Deyan and his dad spent the afternoon downtown trying to get some paperwork done for his BG passport. The beauracracy here is incredible! After visiting 4 different offices and jumping through many hoops, he still can't renew his passport! His dad will continue working on things for him and we'll hopefully be able to do more when we get back from the sea. Anyways, while they were out and about, I stayed at the apartment with Vania (Deyan's dad's partner), their baby Joanna (10 months), Baba Ana, and Delian. Thankfully, Vania speaks fluent English so we had a pleasant chat while the kids played. In the evening we also enjoyed a nice supper together. We spent the night and early the next morning Deyan's cousin, Antoine picked us up to take us back to the airport to meet Ionka. Of course she was thrilled to see all of us, especially Simeon! He is a bit confused with having so many Baba's but being the socialite that he is, he is lapping up all the attention! So, we went back to Pazardjik for the day and night Friday, and this afternoon (Saturday) we packed up Vuicho's car and came back to his place in Plovdiv. Deyan and Mitch will take the bus to the Black Sea while the rest of us drive in the car. It is roughly 4-5 hours away, so hopefully Sim will do okay. There are no carseats here (don't panic, mom!) and driving is a bit crazy, but I'm getting used to it and trying not to stress out too much!

So, if you don't hear from me for a few days, just know that I'm soaking in the sun and relieving my pregnant body of the heat and humidity by bathing in the salty sea! :) Not to make you jealous or anything....! :)

13 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Joyska said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Are you taking lots of pictures? It's so wierd thinking that you are in Bulgaria and I am way over here in KC and yet you feel so close by! I'm loving hearing about your adventures! I have so many questions, but I guess those will have to wait til you get home! Don't get too much sun!

 
At 9:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, My Sweeties!
Well, no carseat for Sim????? Hey, my name isn't Nanny Macdougall, I am not a worry wart!
What a great time you are having. Sounds full of family fun and adventures. Thanks for setting up this blog, Dee. You are so smart. (like your momma) It's so wonderful to keep up with all you are doing. My love to Ionka, Mitch and the rest of Dey's family. And Dey of course. Kisses for my nicest, nicest boy please.
Love Mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so.....

what kinda look do you want your blog to have??? I just used a simple Blogger one...but I wanna make it nice now.

any ideas???? Themes??

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Momtchilov's!
Havin' some fun in the sun? Hope you are taking some good pics of my nephew in the salty Black Sea so I can see them! Hopefully, Sim did ok on the 4-5 hour drive but,I know he did because he is a perfect little angel. NO CARSEATS!!!! How did you seat him in the car? Well, anyway I better go, get some rest on that baby Dee, say hello to all of Dey's family and I will see you at Christmas Time (hopefully)
Love and Kisses to everyone!
Auntie Emma

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

sounds lovely...

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Joyska said...

are you back yet? or are you still baking yourself on the beach... hee hee... new picture of "bun in the oven"! That made me laugh!

Anyway, thinking about ya lots and hope you are all doing well. Let that young (very young) man know that Joyska is thinking of him! I watched the videos again... *sniff*

Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures... can you post the pics?

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
I would love you see a picture of you! It is relief sometimes to connect with people who speak perfect english. Sometimes it makes me feel completely self centered, you know not really with my ideals of trying to be globally minded and cross cultural and all that, but ah, to speak english.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger lafammedesfemmes said...

Hey Dee,
So when are you back in Canada? Turns out I'm here in Wpg until Sept 2nd--will you be home by then??
Julia

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

hello,,,ello,llo,lo,o (that is what an echo looks like in cyber space)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Julia - We're back on the 31st so maybe we'll get to see you after all!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Yvonne, I have to think about a theme, but so far I'm just enjoying having the space to write! Thanks again! If I think of something before we get home, I'll let you know. Hope you all are having a good summer too!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Beckie - Miss you, wish you were here taking care of me! :) Any suggestions for my sciatic nerve pain?

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Mom, Joyska, Emma - Hi again and thanks for posting! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home