Monday, August 08, 2005

On the move...

This morning we packed up and came to Plovdiv, the city where Deyan's uncle lives. His family is in France at the moment, so there is lots of room at his place! It is a much bigger city than Pazardjik, where Deyan's grandparents live.

Interesting enough, the last time we came to Bulgaria, there was an unusual amount of rain and flooding and one of the roads actually collapsed! Well, this time there was another huge flood, much closer to us! The river that runs between the 2 cities I mentioned above flooded its banks, and although the cities were spared, houses along the outskirts were flooded to the roof! What's up with that, eh? Maybe it's a Winnipeg thing!

Anyways, we came to Plovdiv because Deyan has decided to get his wisdom teeth removed while we are here. It is much cheaper than in Canada ($70/tooth all inclusive). So this morning he saw a dentist, showed her his x-rays, and this afternoon he had his first surgery! They removed top and bottom teeth on one side. It is the first time Deyan has ever had local freezing. He has alot of fillings, but he always got them done without freezing. He knows he needed freezing for this job, as the teeth are partially impacted and they even needed to shave off some jaw bone to access them, but he really didn't like the feeling of being frozen! He looked, sounded, and felt much better after it wore off! I hope he still feels okay tomorrow. He will wait to have the other 2 teeth removed after we get back from the seashore.

So, that's the news of the day. I'm having quite a bit of pain in my pelvic joints and sciatic nerve so please pray for that!

PS - I changed the time on my post - this is now the right time for BG.

5 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee -

I'm glad to here that you made it to Bulgaria in one piece! Sounds like Simeon is adapting well which is great. I hope Deyan recovers quickly from his dental surgery (I remember what that is like). Travel safely.

Paula :)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

Deyan, I must say that I am relieved to hear that you took the local anisthetic... there is a limit to being tough, and a fine line between being tough and being crazy! Glad you stayed on the tough side of the line!

Watched the video tonight! That little boy is SO smart (Simba that is... not Deyan.... i mean... well you know what I mean!) Be sure to tae lots of pictures and video!!!!

Miss ya lots

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Hey guys...good to hear you are having a good time. The dental work sounds lousy, but when is the dentist ever a good time??

Greetings to Ionka for me. Tell her to email me sometime so I can get the right address from her.

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys :)
Glad to hear you are having an awesome time..ouch about the dentist! I think mine are coming in too :( ....give kisses to the nephew for me :)
Much love!
Court xoxoxo

 
At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!!!
Glad to hear you got to Plovdiv ok. Hope you are alll haveing a great time (even though I know you are) Hope you're ok Dey! I bet it hurt. Love and miss you all and keep counting Sim. Kisses to you all and have tons of fun.
Love you all!
Auntie Emma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home