Monday, August 08, 2005

No More Jet Lag...I hope!

In my last post, I forgot to mention how crazy it is to deal with an 8 hour time difference! I remember it being tough last time we came, but having Simeon adds a whole new dimension! The first 3 nights, he went to bed between 8 and 9pm, slept a few hours, and then woke up as if just finishing his afternoon nap. He was happy, thankfully, but didn't go back to sleep for 2-4 hours! So we just brought him into bed with us and he sang and talked about his day, and cuddled us. Good thing Dey & I were also having difficulty sleeping or it could have been a nightmare! Instead, we just laughed at his antics and eventually we would all fall asleep. Simeon would then sleep until noon or so and skip a nap. Well, last night he went down a bit later (9:30pm) woke up after an hour, but only for a few minutes, and then slept until 7:30am! Yay! If only I could have slept! His nap was messed up today because he fell asleep in the car, but he's down early for the night and I really hope he's adjusted to the new time zone. As for me, I didn't get a nap today so I think I should actually sleep well tonight. Here's hoping! :)

3 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Wonderful Family

Well, I didn't get a chance to check on Sunday for word so I told Nanny that I hadn't heard anything when I talked to her this am. Now I will call her back with all your news! Sounds like everyone is adjusting and that Simeon is enjoying his Bulgarian heritage! Kisses for Nana's nicest, nicest boy. Dee, you are amazing with your language gifting...I don't know how you do it! Continue to rest and relax and let God refresh you big!
Greet your family for me Dey.
Love Mom xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey again Guys!
Hope it is all adjusted now and you are all sleeping better. Glad to hear Simeon was happy when it was really late. I am still missing you all very much but, still loving you. I really don't have alot of news except that my nails are saying bye-bye to short and hello to grown!!!!!!!! Sarah Davis (Ken and Rita Davis's Daughter) is here for a month and she used to bite till they were as bad as mine and she only stopped biting a few years ago and now she has gorgeous nails that aren't the fake ones. I have to go now. Kisses and Hugs
Auntie Emma

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Mom, I've been thinking about you lots and wishing you could be here. You would love it and I would have so much fun sharing the experience with you. Maybe next time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home