Saturday, September 03, 2005

Please Pray!!!!

This will have to be a quick update, sorry for the delay. We are still in Bulgaria! We were supposed to fly out on Wednesday but had difficulties with Deyan's passport. It's a complicated story which I will have to share later. They wanted me, 7 months pregnant and sick, to fly home alone with Simeon, a busy 20 month old toddler, while Dey sorted out his passport. We told them this was impossible so they postponed all of our flights. Deyan's passport issue is now resolved, but they have no flights out of the country! At first they told us we could fly today (the 3rd), but there are no seats available. They said that they can get us as far as Vienna tomorrow, but that's it. The earliest they forsee getting us home is the 13th!!!! Of course this is completely unreasonable and we are working hard to get things sorted out. But we REALLY need some prayer coverage. We're okay, so don't worry. We are currently staying with Deyan's father in Sofia. They are doing everything possible to make us comfortable and we really appreciate it.

On a different note, I have been very ill with the flu and haven't been able to get out of bed for a couple of days (hence the lack of updates). I am on a bunch of meds and slowly recovering, but please pray for health for me and the baby and that no one else gets sick.

One thing I have to mention is how grateful I am for Deyan. He is an incredible husband and has been such a great shepherd of our family through this situation. Under the circumstances, I know that he has alot of stress to deal with. But he has remained peaceful and comforting to us at all times and is not allowing his stress to overcome him. We had our 4th anniversary on September1st, and I spent it sick in bed while he cared for Simeon. But I just wanted to honor him for all that he is doing right now.

Anyways, that's all I can write for now. This sure will make for some great stories to tell...if we ever get home! :) It has been a great month and I hate that the end is turning so sour. The bureaucracy here makes me never want to come back!

To summarize the prayer requests:
We need seats to open up so we can fly home as soon as possible.
Health for all of us.
As of today, we have been here for 30 days. Staying any longer in this country requires a visa which we do not have. We're not sure how this is going to play out so pray that things go smoothly with that.
Peace for us and for our worrying families back home!

Thank you all! I will try to update you again as soon as possible.

4 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!
THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really need to get home and I can't believe that they would say that you should go home with Simeon and Dey go after he sorts this all out. I will be praying for you that this will work out soon and you can get home before the 13th. I love and miss you all and please give kisses to Simeon for me. I hope it works out.
Auntie Emma

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Joyska said...

i am so praying for you! i am shocked at this! i am crying out for a miracle...i love you guys... and i know the Lord is with you!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

We are praying!

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi My Loves

Grace Harvest is praying and we are standing with you. The Lord has you in His hands....
Be peaceful.
Thank you Dey, for your spiritual leadership over Dee and the children. You are wonderful!
Love
Mom
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home