Thursday, December 01, 2005

Things I appreciate...

Homemade tea buscuits and strawberry jam and other yummy goodies.

Warm weather - not only temperatures above zero, but in the double digits! Today the high is plus 12 degrees Celcius!

Simeon loving his sister - he always wants to share what he is doing with her. Like if he's coloring, he says, "Baby hold the pink marker?" and puts it in her hand and laughs. He really thinks she's great.

A fun church community here. My dad's church is known as a party church because there are so many spontaneous get togethers and everyone just loves hanging out together. They also have a vibrant youth/young adult crowd who are totally passionate and inspiring.

My brother and his Christmas cheer.

Lots of "aunties" who want to hang out with my kids. Not to mention the many grandparents. It does make it possible to catch extra sleep!

A wonderful sleeper for a newborn. Esther sleeps at least one 5 hour stretch every night, nurses, and goes back to sleep for 2-3 hour stretches. For 3 weeks old, I can't complain! If only she would go to sleep a bit earlier! :)

Sharing chocolate. Boy, if I don't put on a ton of weight while I'm here it will be a miracle!

Veggie Tales - okay, so this is Simeon's favorite thing, but it sure can give me a break sometimes!

Running into old friends anytime I go out. Being in the Maritimes sure is a social time!

These are in no particular order, by the way. I'm sure there are many more, but I need to go and attend to the little ones! :) Have a great December 1st everyone!

7 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Okay...

It sounds like you are enjoying it waaay too much.

Are you sure you are coming home??? *worried now*

By the way...with Kenton and Heike moving...will you guys get the bottom apartment now?????

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Dee, that picture of your brother holding Esther is like looking at a picture of Sim as a baby. I don't see it in any of the other poses, just that one!! Wow. Glad you're having a good time and that your getting rest and socializing and help with taking care of you and your little ones.

So where are Kenton and Heike moving?

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww your post made me smile...like this... :)

things I appreciate:

That my sister, Deanna is no longer just my "big sister", but also my friend :)

I'm the cheesiest of all cheesters..but it's true!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Rhonda, that is EXACTLY what I thought!!!

Hmm, things I appreciate....YOU! I have been so blessed to get to know you, D. You are a real spot of light and kindness in my life.

Happy Dec 1st to you, too.
J

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

things i appreciate... the cutest pictures of my two favourite children who I miss incredibly... your pictures may single handedly cause a return to Winnipeg!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Yvonne, we've considered the downstairs, but don't want the hassle of moving for slightly more space. And it would cost more too. Besides, if we were going to move...maybe it would be out of Winnipeg! ;)

Rhonda, they're moving downtown with some friends. Alot of people say Estherlooks like Sim! How's the tummy?

Julia, you're a sweetie too! Are you in Winnipeg soon?

Courtney, awwwww, you're awesome! Loving being here with you. Thanks for all the massages!

Joyska, stop! We miss you!

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha!
I love reading everyones comments because they are halarious!
Glad you are enjoying everythinghere Dee.
Love you
Emma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home