Friday, December 02, 2005

Prayer Requests

I have had incredible back pain all week long. It is concentrated on the left side, right under my ribs in the middle of my back. It is an unusual place for me to experience back problems and nothing that I have been doing so far helps! I've tried the chiropractor and massage as well as heat and Robax. I can't afford any more special treatments so I need God to heal me!

I just got a call from a friend of mine who has 2 little ones. They have both had the chicken pox a few years ago, but her daughter just broke out in them for a second time! Problem is, I was visiting them this week when she would have been contagious. I wouldn't be too upset if Simeon got them, but I would hate for Esther to get them at this young age. And really, it is pretty bad timing for either of them to get sick over Christmas! Especially with all the visiting we would like to do! I'm not sure what to do as far as seeing people and knowing whether or not the kids are contagious. Any advice? Please pray for protection!

5 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,
Here's a great link re: varicella from Dr Sears. He's pretty lukewarm about the protection for Esther via your breastmilk, but my understanding is that she will get your antibodies that way and should be protected. Have a look at the info and see what you think. Also, it is only contagious for the 24 hrs before the fever and spots appear, so you would have had to have been visiting RIGHT before your friend's kids got sick for your kids to get it.

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/T083400.asp

And I'm sorry to hear about the back pain--I am hoping for a quick resolution to that for you!!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Mercy said...

We're praying for you and your back! I think Esther should be fine. From our experience, the younger they are (maybe it's breastfeeding?) the less of a big deal it is. When Sarah, Avren and Will caught them Avren had 3 spots, I think. I know this isn't doctor advice, but I'll just pray it's not a big deal. From what I recall, from time of contracting to time of spots is about 2 weeks. So you could be careful for the 2nd week and if they don't get spots after that, they're probably fine. I hope you get to see everyone you want to.

I love the pictures!! :)

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Deanna,
How are you feeling?
J

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

My back is still really sore, especially as the day progresses into the evening. The kids seem to be okay and it has been ~ 1 week since we saw our friends. Julia, I have other pains and stuff which I think I'll email you about and see if you have any suggestions! :)

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!
Hope the kids don't get to sick but, I will still pray.
Emma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home