Sunday, December 11, 2005

5 Generations!

Esther with her Great-Great Grandmother Walsh
Nanny celebrated her 90th birthday 4 days before Esther was born!

Me (28) My Mom (45) My Nanny (65) My Great Nanny (90)

Esther (5 weeks)

My great grandmother (Nellie) had 14 children. She is a very strong woman and continues to amaze us all at her stamina! I recently learned that she had alot of her babies at home and that she even assisted the local midwife with some of the births in her neighborhood when she was young! Some of her ancestors were also midwives, which is cool.

My grandmother (Joyce) is her second-born. She had children, my mom (Kelly) being the oldest. My mom had 6 kids and I am the oldest. I was also the first grandchild and great-grandchild. Simeon is the first great-great grandchild and Esther is the first great-great granddaughter!

9 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

The history in that picture alone is amazing! That is so special that you could get all 5 generations together!

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Ruth said...

I love your hair cut!! You look great! I love your stories... family history is so interesting, and often we're not THAT different from our ancestors... just in different context!
Loved your birth story too, I'd love to collect people's birth stories and put them in a book... Chicken Noodle Birth Stories for Pregnant Soul... or something!
Take care!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That's amazing that you have 5 generation in that picture! It's so beautiful!
Esther seems to be getting so big already! I can't wait to meet her in person!

Take care!

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

Hi! So I am not sure if you remember me but this is Rachel Helm (I lived and worked in Wpg doin' downpour for a couple of years 2000-2002 ish)

I am amazed by the beauty in that photo! that you are blessed by those women in your life! It is a very amazing thing and something that is so rare in today's culture eh!

I was able to grow up in the same house as my mother and grandmother and really appreciate it. I nearly cried looking at your photo's...so beautiful!
Heaps of blessings on you all!

Take care.

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Hi Rachel! Thanks for your thoughts! :)

Ruth, how are you feeling? I'm anxiously waiting for some news! :)

Kristi and Steph, are you guys doing any new dances these days? How did you feel about Sunday's announcement? :)

 
At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE!
The 5 generations rock!
Esther is adorable and just you let you know, Mom is 44 turning 45! HAHA!
Emma

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Erica said...

That is neat to see.
And wow! your mom looks young.
Lucky you! you've got some good genes going on!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Ruth said...

Oh sorry Deanna, different Ruth.. neat that I made a pregnant comment though to make you think I was the other Ruth. I should log in as Ruth R (we met at breathe)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Oops! Sorry, Ruth. Hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home