Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Parties and Pagents

'Tis the season! Deyan arrived around midnight on Tuesday (Simeon's birthday). It was SO great to see him again! He was amazed at Esther's changes, of course. Simeon was sleeping but was very cute with him when he woke up in the morning. Unfortunately, we had all just begun our rounds of antibiotics and Sim definitely wasn't feeling better yet. We had a birthday party for him on Wednesday night, and it was fun, but the poor guy just wasn't himself. Thankfully, he is now back to being so happy and cute! Esther is still a bit snuffly, but otherwise ok and my ear has finally stopped hurting.

So, we hung out for a couple of days and allowed Dey to recoup after a hard last few weeks of school. We did get out to see the Chronicles of Narnia which was cool. I even left Esther at home for the first time! She did great, as I knew she would. Saturday we spent the day shopping. Crazy! Saturday night we went to a Christmas party at our friends' house from church. They invite everyone over 16 from the church over every year and they feed us a scrumptuous feast! Salmon and meatballs and chicken au vin and lasagne and salads and rolls and rice and ham and cheeseballs, etc. Everything is homemade and delicious! Then they top it off with wonderful desserts like trifle, cheesecake, mocha freeze, etc. They really do go above and beyond. I have a picture of their ENORMOUS tree which I will post later when I figure out how to get them off Dey's camera onto my parent's computer.

Sunday evening we had the Sunday School Christmas play. It was very cute, though I didn't know alot of the kids that were in it! I guess that happens when you move away. The kids you know grow up and new people come to the church and voila! Last night was my youngest sister's school play. They did a great job of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Emma was an Oompa Lumpa - pretty cute.

I know it sounds super busy here, but it really isn't too bad. We hope to see some more people soon because as Christmas near, the busyness will definitely pick up! Missing you Winnipeger's, but enjoying the mild weather here! :)

3 Comments:

At 7:42 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Sounds like you are having fun, and enjoying family.
Merry Christmas!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Roo said...

merry christmas deanna....
and all the wonderful momtchilov's.

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? Cute Oompa-Loompa? No way! I don't want to be cute and the Sunday School play was pretty good except for the songs which I thought was pretty bad because I completely messed up my duet with Megan. I mean we only got to practice it once the whole time so hopefully next year we will be able to practice the play a bit more then three weeks. I am glad you enjoyed the plays though because ever since I heard you would be here for Charlie and the Chocolate factory I have been so excited that you would get to see my first middle school play. Anyway I am gonna go rest for a while and try to fully recover from that sudden sickness. Love you alot.
Emma
P.S. Only 2 days until Christmas!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home