Wednesday, April 05, 2006

We're Back!

So much to say...so little time! So, here in point form is my journey to Kansas City:
  • Sleepover at Yvonne and Jason's Wednesday night
  • Pick up Shane and Kristi
  • Leave at 2:30am Thursday and arrive in KC at 4:30pm - Esther did awesome!
  • Listen to CD's on the way and realize that I'm going to get wrecked by God this weekend
  • Walk into the prayer room where worship and prayer has been continuing for 24 hours/day for nearly 7 YEARS! Need I say more? What an atmosphere!
  • Go out for all-you-can-eat pizza and hang out with Joyska
  • Back to the prayer room for a bit and then to Joyska's house to sleep (which just happens to be across the parking lot!)
  • Friday morning in the prayer room while Esther napped
  • Lunch and shopping at Town Centre and Walmart
  • Personal prophetic room
  • Encounter God Service - Yvonne got to sing a song from her CD live!
  • McDonalds (yuck!)
  • Back to the prayer room - Misty Edwards was leading a set from 10pm-12am (she is my age, has devoted her life to the prayer room and spends 12 hours/day in there)
  • Sleep
  • Talk to my boys on the phone - I missed them!
  • Prayer room during Esther's short nap
  • Hang out with Joyska
  • Lunch and shopping at the Plaza, enjoying the sunshine and 24 degrees!
  • Hang out with Joyska and her roomies and Kristi & Shane
  • Color my hair
  • Encounter God Service - another awesome time!
  • Back to Joyska's for pizza and lots of laughs as well as intense discussion!
  • Put Esther to bed and head over to the prayer room at 1:30am - I love the beauty of this!
  • Miss an extra hour of sleep as time skips forward
  • Pack, Higher Grounds smoothie (Starbucks-like cafe attached to the prayer room), pictures
  • Church service - Got to hear Mike Bickle while Joyska's arm nearly broke carrying Esther around!
  • Lunch at Chipotle's - Yum!
  • Goodbye's and on the road again in the rain
  • 2 hours in and a nearly fatal accident, but for the grace of God
  • Shaking, drive to a hotel for the night
  • Steak dinner - yum!
  • Deep discussions and eventually sleep
  • Continental breakfast and back on the road again!
  • A sunny but very long drive home! (Esther again did great)
Well, that's the Reader's Digest version. If you want the goods, you'll have to talk to me directly! :) Thank you to my friends who took me along! Thank you to Joyska who hosted me and the baby! Thank you to my friends who took good care of Simeon! God is good!

9 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Adam O said...

Wow, sounds like you had an amazing time Deanna! I covet your IHOP experience... hahaha.
Someday, someday I will get to go.
Glad to hear that Esther and Simeon coped as well.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

i can't wait to hear more....i'll be done my room soon! haha

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

anytime kiddo... and my arms still hurt... though it was truly an honour to rock your babe to sleep and carry her for an hour... did i mention though that i can't lift my arms above my head

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

That is a very complete list, minus the emotional-spiritually-charged stuff (which is nice to be said in person). It was great to have you along on the trip! Many great memories!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

ya, Kristi, that's what I figured! :)

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey darlin
I can't wait to see you & your darling babes!! Big exam tomorrow...6 hours long! But then I am a free woman, hear me roar!! Get ready moms & babes, there is a new MIDWIFE in town! Yippie!!!! (Yikes; can you tell I'm a bit hyper?!) Hype! Hype!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

you are my hero, arranging to make this work for you and your family to ensure you got to do something you wanted to do. it almost makes me feel like I can leave my house soon with the twins. (we'll start with a walk around the block)

o.k. just have to say that part about you almost dying should have had another point to it just to ensure the intensity of it came across. I like how it's just fit in there in between dying my hair, almost dying, eating pizza.

I'd love to hear what god's been speaking to you about. soon

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Rhonda - the lack of drama was sort of on purpose, so that I didn't freak my family out too much! But yes...it was RATHER INTENSE!!! We'll talk soon! :)

 
At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew you would have a wicked time with God! (and Joyska)
Missing you like HECK! Glad to hear you had such great weather for the time period in KC.
Love ya and give the kiddies kisses
Emma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home