Monday, April 30, 2007

He came! :) ...and he went! :(

Sorry I haven't been blogging. Lots going on these days and the computer is shared with too many people! It always seems like the moments (which are few and far between) when I'm free to sit at the computer without kids hangin' off me or supper needing to be made or something, someone else is using it! Oh well, such is life.

One of the things that's been happening is my dad was here for a visit! He left this morning. :( It was an amazing week with him. Probably the best visit I can remember. I don't know if it's the season/stage of life we're in or just that he's been here a few times so I felt more relaxed and less of a tour guide or what. Either way, I'm so glad he could come at the last minute and spend some time hanging out with all of us. It felt like we had a good balance of family time, work stuff and time with friends. One of the reasons for his trip was to help us establish a business that we are newly involved in with him. Although we seem to be babystepping along, I felt very refreshed and encouraged in the process! Some important questions got answered and his excitement and passion sure is contagious! :)
Sharing a smoothie mustache!
I think he read this book to Esther at least a dozen times throughout the week!!!
Grandpa and Simeon at Moxie's

Esther giving Grandpa eyes at the YMCA
Another visitor has graced us with her presence! Joyska! Her and my dad had some good diet coke/diet pepsi wars. It's always so much fun to have her around. And I felt so blessed to have a home to share with so many people! At least for 1 night. My cousin was also in Winnipeg for something work related, but unfortunately we didn't get to see her. But we are happy that Joyska's here for a few more days!!!Besides that, Tyler celebrated his 25th birthday last week. We had a fun celebration at Moxie's. He has grown into an awesome man and we're so happy to have his friendship. It's also very fun for me to participate as the big sister celebrating his relationship to a beautiful woman, who also happens to be my friend! :) Since the rest of our family lives so far away, I feel very privileged in this role! And Esther sure loves "AMY"!

Tyler and Sim watchin' the kite
Amy and Esther at Assiniboine Park

Simeon and Amy at Appleby's

The kids are well. Nothing really to report on them. They are loving the spring/summer weather we've been having. We get outside lots and Simeon always wants to play with the neighbors! We did have a little scare with a runaway baby the other day, but I won't share that story unless I get permission. For now let's just say that a backyard fence is our next priority! We do get out to a park quite often, most recently to fly a kite. Simeon (who's favorite movie is currently Mary Poppins) sings all the way there: "Let's go fly a kite..."Esther in her Hawaiian dress with Champ - the Armbruster's dog
Fun with Lillian

Deyan and I are well. Birth Roots just leased our first home away from home which is very exciting! We have quite a bit of work to do to make it the way we want it, but it's going to be awesome when it's finished. We're hoping to be up and running by the end of May! There is so much potential for us now, though it is a big (and somewhat scary) step! I am still not incredibly involved, but trying to help out when and where I can. Deyan's job continues to go well. Some of the guys he supervises were here today to so some stuff in our house. I could tell they have a lot of respect for him, which is nice to see.

PS - Happy 3rd Birthday today Isaac! We love you buddy! :)
Hope you all are enjoying life! Have a wonderful 1st day of May (my favorite month)!

9 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Emma said...

really cute pics:) sweet and GORGEOUS! i miss you all but i guess i will see you ALL in 3 1/2 months:) it is sooo soon and I am so excited! how long are you going to stay here Dee?:)

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun post. I always enjoy them. Beautiful people!
Love, Joc

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Roo said...

great post deanna! loved it...ALL.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Thanks for posting so many beautiful pictures.
Everyone is so photogenic in your family it seems. I don't think I've ever seen a bad picture of Simeon or Esther.
Good genes I guess!!!

ps Did anyone ever tell you that your dad looks a little bit like Tommy Lee Jones?

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

It's good to see you looking so happy and relaxed! Looks like you've been having a lot of fun this spring! I could use a little more "carefree" in my life these days.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

loved it! :)

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

Erica - I've never heard that about my dad but that's pretty funny!
And yes there are occasionally bad pictures of my kids, I just don't post them! ;)

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

I love all the pictures! That Amy is a sweetheart!

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Jude said...

Those are great pics. You've inspired me, I think I need to go fly a kite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home