Friday, February 02, 2007

The way it is...


I'm getting old
My supper's cold
Sometimes I miss having a baby to hold
I need more time for Deyan to behold
Too often these days my son hears me scold





My 1 year old is much too bold
There are too many baskets of laundry to fold
Another pizza dough waits to be rolled?
The crumbs on my floor are beginning to mold


I'm seeking a treasure more lasting than gold
O God help my heart to soften and mould
With a love that I know can't be bought or sold
There's hope in this treasure more lasting than gold


I'll sweep up the crumbs before they all mold
Tonight we'll have take out, no dough to be rolled
Thank God for clean clothes that I still need to fold
Esther's testing is learning - I'm glad she is bold



One on one time with Sim seems to lessen my scold
We're planning a date for us both to behold
Maybe someday there'll be one more baby to hold
For now I'm content, tho my supper's still cold



I'll take life moment by moment...at 30 years old!
For now my story is all told!


Ok, so I'm no Dr. Seuss! These are some of the joys and challenges I'm faced with lately. Perspective helps. Don't know if any of my random rhymes make sense to you, but I hope you can laugh with me, cause I really need a good laugh right now! :)

13 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

aww dee! watch the princess bride, that always cheers me up (which reminds me, I need to get another copy of that!)

I love the pics of the kids as they are growing. You are more blessed than you know. You are raising them to be a blessing as well to you and to the rest of us. THANK YOU

And by the way... i need a good laugh too. I miss you!

 
At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna,
you are quite the poetic girl! i hope you get in a great laugh today!
-kristi

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

That was really good, Deanna!
I hope you get a great, freeing, stomache-muscle-working laugh today too!

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dee, I can so relate!!!
I hear it does get better tho and i also agree the bigger bro seems to need the extra one on one now and then ...just know your not alone.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

So, after this post I went to bed with a headache and woke up the next morning with a stomach bug! YUK! It's been a tough weekend, but thankfully Deyan was home to help with the kids. I hate being sick!

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger is not letting me comment!
grrr...

-erica

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deanna
Just rearranged your family picture on our fridge today. Will remember to pray more. Same things going on in my daughter Dana's house with her two daughters. Hope you are feeling better. Luv ya

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh i miss you. i wish i could give you a really big hug. i'm working tonight but i'll try and call you in the next couple days

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dee, I know first hand how challenging those little beauties of yours can be now and then, but your love and patience always seems to beat out any frustration you might feel...you're an amazing mom. Hope you're no longer puking - that doesn't feel good at all...talk to you soon, love...

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Roo said...

ahhhhh
LOVE IT DEANNA
!!!
kinda sounds like it could be a rap or something....
rappin mama dee!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Emma said...

hey sis.
nice poem. i miss you guys so freakin bad and i cant wait to see you again. it has been almost a year and a half (which is crazy) since i last saw you guys. when will i see you again?? i hope you dont mind but i wrote a P.D.C.P paper at school on you. it was titled "my role model". Love ya

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Beautiful
A delayed response I know but I never have time to check blogs! Your poem is real and from the heart and you need to be encouraged with this thought...."you are a wonderful mom and I am so blessed to have you raising my grandchildren." Don't forget to step back into God and survey the big picture from His perspective. It looks so different from ours. Every day is a seed sown into the lives of your children. Treasure the rare moments that seem small but are so huge that happen every day. You being at home is the greatest gift you can give them. Those babes are beautiful and you are doing an amazing job.
Love and miss you like crazy.
Mom xoxoxoxox

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dee

I don't have your email on my new gmail and I don't want to go into my old one or I will have 3000 junk messages.
Just wanted to share some bad news I am afraid. John Frank's wife, Carrie, passed away last night. So awful I know. She was my age I think. Pray for him and the family.

Love Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home