Monday, April 09, 2007

Caring Friends

In case you hadn't heard yet, we're sick. Actually, Deyan and Tyler are healthy. Simeon is slowly recovering from a case of bronchitis. He's not coughing nearly as much, though he still sounds awful when he does! He's on his 5th day of antibiotics and his fever is gone. Esther has a sinus infection and is also on her 5th day of meds. She's still very congested and her nose is running constantly. She's had a touch of fever last night and tonight and is acting more clingy and whiny than she was earlier in the week. I am on drugs for bronchitis but I also seem to have either a sinus infection or the flu. I'm very congested and am just now getting some relief for muscle aches and pains and fever/chills, etc.

Needless to say, it's been a difficult Easter weekend. Of course we are so thankful for all that we do have. I hate to complain about trivial, minor health issues when there are far bigger problems in the world. I have to say though that I can't ever remember feeling this sick, except maybe in Bulgaria 2 summers ago. That was pretty bad too.

Anyways, being physically down always makes me homesick for my family. Who else do you call when you've reached your limit? Who else besides my mother would I allow within 50 feet of my house for fear of them 'catching' whatever we have? (sorry mom) There's only so much food Deyan can prepare meals with in our fridge and cupboards. The sheets need to be stripped and washed with the rest of the laundry to try to clean out the germs. We've run out of juice and fruit (our vitamin C stock) and milk but with stores closed on for the holidays and Deyan back to work today, I wasn't really able to pack up 2 sick kids and drag them out to get groceries. I'd thought of calling one of my dear friends to lend us a hand, but it's so hard to ask for help when you know they are all so 'full' with their own young families! I did manage to swallow my pride and ask Jocelyn if she might be able to buy us some juice and milk. Not only did she graciously agree, but she also brought soup and muffins and other meal ingredients to warm my heart and my tummy! Of course kindness totally runs in their family as I also woke up this morning to a jar of soup, a loaf of bread and a bag of cookies care package sent from Lillian (Joc's mom). I wonder if they realize that their generosity not only filled a physical need in our family, but it also helped with the disappointment I'd been feeling about missing all the Easter celebrations.

It is good to be loved.

Thank you God for great friends who pray and serve and give. Help me to be a great friend in return.

Thank all of you who've been praying and helping in so many ways! We love you and hope to be able to see you on the other side of this...sooner rather than later! ;)

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Deanna,
I'm so sorry to hear that you and your little family are not feeling well.
Having sick little ones is hard enough but when you are sick too, yuck!

I will pray that you all heal up really quickly and this will become a distant memory.
Blessings on your kidlets.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Emma said...

I LOVE YOU! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Roo said...

aww
that joc and that lill.
hope you are feeling well soon. we've sick too. (well, shiloh and I) our daddy is also alive and well.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Deanna Momtchilov said...

And the food keeps coming! Thanks Joe and Jackie!

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

Hope you are feeling better very quicky!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home