Saturday, August 26, 2006

Toddler Philosophy


Yesterday Simeon, Esther and I were playing on my bed. At one point Sim puts his arm around us and whispers what I thought was 'I love you'. So I replied, "We love you too Simeon!" He then sat down and said with much enthusiasm, "I just love you guys SO much!" My heart melted. I don't think he's ever said "I love you" spontaneously before. And he said it with true emotion behind it.

Then my bubble burst as he paused and said, "Well, I do not love Mama and BSter (otherwise known as Baby Esther), I just love Dada." I smiled and told him that of course he loves Daddy but he can also love Mommy and Esther. His response: "No, I cannot love Mommy and BSter, I can only love Daddy. I cannot love you both all together at the same time."

I guess I should be happy that he is using complex thinking skills, but I will need to help retrain his philosophy on love! :)

7 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Emma said...

That actually made me -giggle-:O
Suprisingly but surely.
I love you guys so much. Ask Simeon if he loves me too??:)

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Roo said...

oh!! soooo funny!!!!!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

you got a heartbreaker on your hands!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Yvonne Parks said...

Hahahaha.......why does that remind me of Deyan?? The Thinker.....gotta love 'em!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Rochelle, John and Amelia said...

It's an age thing Dee. Amelia says "I love you mum - to the moon and back" and then in the same breathe, " I don't like you much mum!" Go figure! Good thing I have big shoulders - its when she tells her Nana Rose that she thinks she is Yucky and to go away that we need a little work on.....and the saga continues in the Days and Lives of a 2 yr old.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Erica said...

That is too cute.
He should at least get points for honesty and sweet innocence.
What a honey!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE Simeon and if I've said it a million times I'll say it again.. he and Esther are TOO cute!!

Simeon's "I love you guys" made me teary.. and then I did laugh out loud at "I can't love you all together at the same time!"

Thanks for the wonderful photo's!
Jalana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home