Friday, September 01, 2006

5 years ago...


It was raining in Rothesay New Brunswick but the Son was beaming in my heart! :) Nothing could wipe the smile off my face as I walked down the aisle to meet my handsome groom. We had the most beautiful yet simple ceremony to seal our devotion to each other and to commit ourselves to God as the centre of our lives. Our wedding bands remind us daily of these vows.

So far it has been an awesome journey! Deyan is a gracious and loving husband, who continues to teach me about humility, accountability, teachability, surrendering, etc. He is also a great dad to our kiddies. We've had our share of minor spats, but by God's grace we continue to love each other more and more.

For those of you who know the '3-5 year' story, if we'd followed that plan, we would barely be dating or engaged right now!!! :) I can't even imagine it. Life is WAY better with 2 (ok, so now it's even better with 4!)

Happy Anniversary, Babe! I love you so much and look forward to many more years together!

14 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger Joyska said...

congrats guys! life changes quickly... as do plans! ha ha
Miss you guys... i've been here for a year and a half already! I can't believe how fast time moves! AND now YOU have your own house too! woo hoo! blessings, blessings, blessings! :)

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Kristi said...

happy anniversary!!!

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Roo said...

wooooohoooo!!!! happy happy anniversary!!! you're beautiful!

i remember when you got married...i met you JUST when you came back from gettin' hitched. remember that? you were planning a reception at 960....

wow...time flies when you're having fun. :) you are a blessed woman.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Sonya said...

I forgot it was your anniversary today! Happy five years!

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make a great couple that is just getting better with age!!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Congratulations on 5 years of loving and keeping it real!

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Deanna, email me at c_hourie@hotmail.com and I will send you my phone number so we can talk about the birthing classes more!

Colleen

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

Happy extremely late Anniversary....not that your anniversary is late but I am late...well not late as in dead but late in behind....well not that kind of behind....oh forget it.
Hey Daddy has a myspace. www.myspace.com/dantrec

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Joni said...

5 years.. oh my word where does the time go??

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Happy Late Anniversary!!
I have to go to bed because of school in the morning but I remembered I have not been able to post anything on here so I decided I would..
Love you guys alot and I may post more tomorrow or something.

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Rochelle, John and Amelia said...

Hellooooooo??!! is everything ok... have you moved, had more children, computer broken down, in another state, having a loong anniversay break... I miss catching up on the news...I am sooo far away!! ok I'm done, gonna go to bed, will check back tomorrow!! Luv ya

 
At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He guys,
From the 4 of us.. congratualations on those 5 years. That lots and lost of years will add on to those 5. Wisdom in understanding each other, love to ... love each other and peace to have a home to grow in. God bless you 2 over and over..
A big hug for Simeon and Esther.

Shalom, Pauline and Scott

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Congrats on this milestone. By the way you look gorgeous in that dress (love the neckline swoop)... Onto the next 50 or so years!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home